The 2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude: A Bold New Edition
“Stylish, yet capable” perfectly defines the new Gladiator Altitude Edition. This blacked-out, special-edition model comes with all the bells and whistles and a lot of muscle behind them. Mount Airy Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat has all the latest on this new version of the Gladiator and we can’t wait for you to get behind the wheel of this impressive truck.
The 2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude Edition comes in the Sport S trim, which includes dark color pops on the exterior along with dark gray accents—body-color grille, body-color fender flares, black badges—and it comes with 18-inch Granite Crystal wheels (which are wrapped with 255/70R18 Bridgestone Dueler All-Terrain tires).
A three-piece black Freedom Top hardtop comes standard with the Altitude edition, though there is the option for a dual-top package, which includes a soft-top. Exterior colors include standard black or white, Firecracker Red, Billet Silver, Granite Crystal, Sting Gray, Hydro Blue, Gator (green), and Gobi (beige).
Mostly, the interior to the Altitude is the same as the 2020 Gladiator (regular edition), but there are a few differences: black stitching around a leather-wrapped steering wheel; a Wizard Black instrument panel; and there are a few bolster accents throughout.
What Sets the Gladiator Altitude Apart
The Gladiator is already a head-turner, but now with the new Altitude Edition, heads are turning even more. This half-Jeep, half-truck has already proven itself as a beefy vehicle that’s not afraid to go off-roading. And when you break it down further, the Altitude is a midsized pickup that is so advanced there is nothing else out quite like it. It looks and operates as a truck, but rides like a smooth sedan.
Sounds almost too good to be true, right? Well, it’s not. This newfangled utility vehicle is sure to keep heads turning and impress even the most knowledgeable of truck enthusiasts. Jeep loves to take something already proven and making it better, and in this case, they have taken both the Wrangler (an already venerated vehicle) and the concept of a midsize pickup to new levels. The 2020 Gladiator Altitude is a bold move for Jeep, one that is already paying off nicely.
It doesn’t hurt that the new Jeep Gladiator Altitude looks amazing. The long frame stretches across the road. It sits low, atop four chunky wheels—crouched in position to take off and cut through rugged paths. Its boxy shape reminds us it is still a Wrangler, but the open bed in the back makes it unique. In full view, the Gladiator shines bright with slight curvature around the bed and front, but all following long, hard lines creating the 218-inch frame (the longest Jeep made). It’s truly a marvel to watch this machine take over the road.
What truly sets the Jeep Gladiator apart is that it can do everything the most modern Wrangler can do—fight through muddy paths, crawl over rocky terrain, and cruise down country roads. The Altitude can do all these things and more, namely in terms of traction, water fording, maneuverability, articulation, and ground clearance.
Here are some key features that make the Gladiator stand out:
- Every wheel of the Jeep Gladiator works independently do drive you forward, making sure you always have the best traction. This feature shines best when climbing over large rocks or dipping through big potholes. Each wheel keeps turning, allowing you constant momentum.
- Water Fording. With its high air intake and advanced water sealing, you can cruise through the water of up to 30-inches. This will definitely help you enjoy the creeks and streams found down the beaten path.
- Optimized wheelbases and precision steering allow the rather long frame of the Gladiator to ease through tough, tight trails and spaces. It really is amazing how well the 2020 Gladiator maneuvers around rocky terrain. Whether elevated or flat, the Gladiator pushes through it all.
- This term means all four wheels are able to maintain a connection with the ground, no matter how uneven the drive is. It’s fascinating to watch, as the wheelbase twists and bends to always keep the vehicle in contact and control. Jeep has thought of everything with the Gladiator.
- Ground Clearance. Between the ground and the underside of the all-new Gladiator, there is 11.1-inches of clearance. Trying to picture this can be tough, so go ahead and break out the tape measure. That’s a lot of clearance! Now you can drive over logs and branches that would before keep a new adventure from ever happening.
A Closer Look
Here are a few more notable specifics to the all-new, 2020 Jeep Gladiator:
- The zipperless Sunrider soft-top and lightweight panels to the hard-top are easier than ever to remove—after a little practice, it can easily be done with one hand. Now drivers can go from a covered vehicle to a complete convertible within a few minutes.
- Feel like getting a little closer to nature while you drive? The Gladiator maintains its Wrangler-ness by offering the capability to remove all four doors, as well as, fold down the front windshield. This is the best way to splash through big puddles and smaller bodies of water. Just because you have yourself a shiny, new Gladiator doesn’t mean you have to wait on getting it dirty.
- Rugged Steel Box: the 5-foot steel bed comes with tie-downs and available spray-in bed liner, which is durable enough to handle extremely heavy loads. This is not Jeep simply slapping a bed on a Wrangler. This is a true-blue, heavy-duty truck bed made and ready to handle anything you dare throw in it.
- Weatherproof Power Outlet: this advanced truck bed comes with a 115-volt power outlet located in the rear of the bed to help you saw through plywood, charge power-tool batteries, or even warm-up that new meat smoker. There is a switch in the cab of the Gladiator that activates the outlet, so it’s not constantly running.
- Secured Cargo: the Trail Rail Cargo Management System uses adjustable tie-downs with overlapping rails to weigh down and secure items resting in the bed. This is great for those items that you are afraid might fly out of the bed during the drive.
- Advanced Tailgate: the three-positioned tailgate is easy to lower and close and allows for the following carrying options: upright, midway up, and completely flat. These different positions allow for safe carriage of all sorts of materials from the ultra-flimsy to the long, more awkward ones.
- Roll-Up Bed Cover: the Tonneau offers a sleek way to cover your bed. Simply lock it into position and unroll to cover your luggage or other smaller items to keep them from encountering unforeseen rain.
- Voice Command: with the Uconnect voice command system, answering the phone, making calls and texts, even controlling your music has never been easier—and safer. The Gladiator gives you plenty of reasons not to look at your phone while driving.
- Strong Connections: the Gladiator’s SiriusXM Guardian and Roadside Assistance both connect to your phone so that you can have remote access from just about anywhere. This allows you to maintain control of your safety and entertainment even when you are outside of the vehicle.
- Never Get Lost Again: Jeep Gladiator has a wonderfully advanced navigation system that allows you to activate and control it using touchscreen or voice commands. Not only does the navigation system let you know where you are going and how to get there, but it also gives information on where ATMs, restaurants, and so much more are located.
Now that you know a lot more about the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Altitude Edition, come see us and test drive one today!