Top Marks for the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
Chrysler first came up with the idea for a luxury minivan in 1999. The Pacifica was produced and has done well ever since. The Pacifica of today still maintains its luxury status, but a few other things have been perfected: great gas mileage, a modernized body style, and a level of comfort and performance never before seen in a minivan. The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica in Mount Airy gets top marks by drivers and car reviewers alike.
Maybe it’s time to rethink your family vehicle. Because the minivan of today is actually pretty cool, now that it has said goodbye to the bulky, awkward, gas guzzling machines. The minivans of old weren’t much to look at. They weren’t much for driving either. They struggled uphill and handled curves like a canoe. But, because there was dire need for a family-friendly vehicle, the minivan sold well and they could be seen all over the road. Luckily, car companies saw the need for a massive update, and the minivan began to be modernized. Then Chrysler came out with the Pacifica and put all other minivan manufacturers to shame.
10 Reasons Why You Need a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
- It Comes as a Hybrid. And not only that, the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is the only minivan to offer the option of hybrid. What’s more, this hybrid works so well you won’t even know when it’s operating from gas or electric power. As the Pacifica cruises down the road it seamlessly switches to gas once the electric energy has been depleted. And charging it is pretty simple too. Simply plug it in when you aren’t driving, and when you are ready to run to the store, unplug and zoom away. This gives Chrysler a huge edge on the minivan market and saves you tons of money in the process. Less trips to the gas station always makes for a better driving experience.
- Second Row Adjustable Seats. Sure, just about every modern vehicle has adjustable seats, even in the back. But have you seen any that bend forward when holding a car seat? Probably not, since the Chrysler is only one of three other companies to offer this nifty little bonus. Chrysler’s “Easy Tilt” rear bucket seats easily bend forward so children and adults alike can pile in and out without hassle. Imagine, no more stubbed toes or bruised knees when trying to move from the second to third row. This little benefit is actually quite big.
- Hands-Free Capabilities. What’s one of the most frustrating things about running errands with the kids? You see it happen every day: a parent holding a child in one hand, bags of groceries in the other, fumbling to open the door to the vehicle. And some car companies have created a back hatch that opens with the push of a button or swipe of a foot. This is nice, but the 2017 Pacifica takes it a step further by introducing self-opening sliding doors. That’s right, just hover your foot under the sliding door, and it magically opens on its own accord.
- Equal Comfort Levels Throughout. Go ahead and try to find the most comfortable spot in the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica. As much as you move around, the only thing you’ll find is that each seat is just as plush and roomy as the next. Typically, in minivans it’s the third row seating that causes the most problems. Passengers are squished in the back with tiny seats that are hard, rigid, and just plain uncomfortable. But not in the all-new Pacifica in Mount Airy. Now you have plenty of room, plus third row passengers get their own USB ports and cup holders. Whereas before no one wanted to sit in the very back, now your family and friends will be racing each other for that third row.
- Innovative Safety and Storage. The biggest risk with seats that bend forward is that they can pinch or even crush passengers’s feet behind them when place upright. But thanks to the Pacifica’s cantilevered seat design this is no longer an issue. What Chrysler has done is raised the seats a bit so that when they are bent forward or set upright, there is plenty of room underneath for feet to rest without having any contact with the seat in front. Another bonus to the cantilevered seats is that there is not extra space for storage. It’s perfect for a backpack, sack of diapers, and even small groceries.
- An Abundance of Latch Anchors. It is so annoying when attempting to install a car seat (or multiple car seats) and there are only a few places made to hold it. Most vehicles, including minivans, usually only have two or three seats equipped to hold a child’s seat. The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica has up to five seating positions for a car seat, which means you can pretty much fit your child just about anywhere you want. Second row, third row, doesn’t matter. The Pacifica is all about making things better and easier, especially for those driving with multiple passengers.
- Entertainment For Everyone. Chrysler includes its UCONNECT Theater system in the new Pacifica, and this means fun for everyone inside. There are two touchscreens fully equipped with games, apps, and a Blu-ray/DVD player. And what’s wonderful about UCONNECT is that it allows parents to control what the kids in the back are watching by including a “listen in” feature that, with a push of a button, shows on the front screen whatever is being watched or played in the back. Why doesn’t every vehicle have this?! Just another example of why the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica is the minivan to beat.
- Easy Cleaning. There is actually a vacuum cleaner built into the new Pacifica. Yes, you read that correctly. Sure, the Honda Odyssey came out with this idea as well, but it’s placed way in the back and is difficult to access. But the Pacifica’s Stow & Vac system is placed right in the second row. This is a smart move since the second row is where most traffic comes and goes, which leaves dirt and grass and chips and…well, you get the point. Once again, Chrysler makes things smarter and easier for us all.
- True Luxury Means Authentic Materials. Rather than the faux wood paneling and cheap plastic pieces found in most other minivans, the 2017 Pacifica holds to its luxury roots. Look as long as you like, you won’t find one piece of cheap material. From the thick leather seats to the soft-touch surfaces throughout, everything feels of true substance. This means you have luxury now, and you will have it years later as well. Doesn’t sound much like a minivan does it? That’s because the 2017 Pacifica is minivan in name only. Everything else is all about breaking the mold.
- Stow & Go Assist Makes Things Easy. Chrysler’s Stow & Go enables all seats in the back to fold down completely into the floor of the van. Gone are the days of having to lift the seats out of the minivan so you can haul furniture. Now, it’s simple. The front seats even move forward automatically while the back ones are being folded in. Then, like magic, the front seats resume to their previous position.
It’s time to stop being afraid of the minivan. In the new 2017 Pacifica, you can be comfortable, cool, and entertained all at the same time. The minivan revolution starts here with Chrysler, and the Pacifica leaves all the others in the dust. Come visit us at Mount Airy Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram and test drive a new Pacifica today.
By: Andrae Bergeron
CCP Web Design