Jeep Rubicon EcoDiesel: The Most Impressive Wrangler Ever Made
Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts have wanted it for years, and now it’s finally here: introducing the Jeep Rubicon EcoDiesel—one of, if not THE, most powerful and impressive Wranglers Jeep has ever made. At Mount Airy Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, we have never come across a Wrangler with more power and/or versatility, and we can’t wait to show you what it can do, on and off the road.
With an origin reaching as far back as the 2nd World War, Jeep Wranglers have gone from noisy, bulky, boxy machines to sporty, comfortable, icons on the road. And the all-new EcoDiesel Rubicon sets the bar even higher, in terms of top-performing SUVs.
Say Hello to the New EcoDiesel Rubicon
Upon our initial inspection of the Jeep Rubicon EcoDiesel, there are two things that stuck out. First is the incredible low-end torque. With over 440 lb-ft of torque, the 3.0-liter V6 engine supplies the EcoDiesel with 182 lb-ft more than the regular, V-6 Wrangler. It also provides 147 more lb-ft torque than the turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder Wrangler.
What does all this low-end power mean? Come take a test-drive and you’ll find out right away. Once your foot hits the accelerator, you can feel a mass of power pushing this beautiful machine. And though this is impressive, what really spiked out attention is the fact that this torque does not negatively impact the driving experience. Usually, high-powered low-ends cause a vehicle to sway or drag when turning on sharp curves, but this power actually seems to enhance the Rubicon’s drivability. When off-roading, the new Wrangler is relentless, never giving up as it crawls and pushes through tough terrain. On the road, it’s smooth and fast and fun to drive.
The second aspect to the Rubicon EcoDiesel we noticed is its great fuel economy—a phrase usually not heard when talking about Jeep Wranglers. While the current V6 Wrangler Unlimited offers around 19 to 20 miles-per-gallon (combined city and highway), the EcoDiesel is slated to allow for a 30-percent improvement. That’s 7-8 more miles-per-gallon. Rarely do we come across a vehicle that has more power than its predecessors and offers better fuel economy too.
The Jeep Wrangler has, and always will be, America’s signature vehicle. It’s a formidable beast that never lets you down, plowing through whatever you put in front of it. Here are just a few reasons on why you should be driving one:
- The Jeep Wrangler is anything but complicated. Open the hood and you will see easy access to just about everything. And replacement parts are cheap and easy to find. The Wrangler is a mechanic’s dream vehicle.
- Others may try, but nothing matches the look and performance of the Jeep Wrangler. To own one is to own an anomaly, something so unique it holds a class of its own. You can even customize your own Wrangler to differentiate it from others by adding specialized lights, mirrors, a soft- or hardtop, lifting or lowering…the list of customizations are endless.
- Though the Jeep Wrangler is made to get down and dirty, it is also made to keep its passengers safe. Every year the Wrangler seems to add another safety precaution, like frontal airbags, 3-point seatbelts, or child seat tether anchors. The Jeep Wrangler keeps you happy and it will always keep you safe.
- Quiet ride. You wouldn’t think it, but the new Jeep Wrangler models—especially the EcoDiesel Rubicon—have a smooth and quiet ride. Even with a soft-top, the interior cabin to the Wrangler manages to keep unwanted noises out. This comes from years of perfecting the Wrangler and only using the best materials.
- It’s big and bulky, but it sure can handle the road. Even the off-road. The Jeep Wrangler is built to trudge through tough terrain, but its expert design also allows for a smooth transition for highway travel. The Wrangler is fit for family or friends, the rugged path or the smooth road.
- Every seat in the Jeep Wrangler is expertly designed to provide maximum comfort. Soft materials reinforced with hardy springs will keep you comfortable no matter where you are going.
- Cargo space. Behind the rear seat there is plenty of room for storage. And, no matter where you sit, you will find more than enough room to stretch out and relax.
- The absolute best part of owning a Jeep Wrangler is its ability to fit into any situation. It can be tough and dirty, or it can be luxurious and clean. No matter where you go in a Jeep Wrangler, you are sure to impress.
Don’t wait! Come to Mount Airy Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram today and check out the all-new Jeep Rubicon EcoDiesel.