Fiat’s One and Only Service Dealer Around
From oil changes and new brake pads, to changing wiper blades and getting new tires, Mount Airy Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat is the place to take all your Fiat service needs.We provide the best service in Mount Airy, NC by keeping your vehicle functioning well. As the only Fiat service department around the Mount Airy and the Virginia border, our service technicians are ready to help you extend your Fiat’s life and enable you to maintain its upkeep.
Fiat’s regular service and maintenance takes top technicians to understand. For instance, some oil need to be changed every 3,000 miles while other types of oil last much longer. Some batteries last up to six years while others are lucky to make it to three years. What’s great about Mount Airy Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat is that the professionals in our service department will provide you with guidance for all of your Fiat’s service needs, so you won’t have to worry about how long that battery might last. Our goal is for you to come in and see us only for those things you can’t take care of on your own. By taking initiative with your Fiat’s needs, we can work together to save you money and time.
Here are a few important tips for your Fiat from our service department:
Timely oil changes are crucial to keeping your Fiat running as it should. If the oil is not changed regularly, major problems can occur. We recommend having an oil change every 5,000 miles. Depending on how you drive, however, this estimation can change. If you find yourself mostly in stop-and-go traffic, you might consider changing the oil before it gets to 5,000 miles. On the other hand, driving long stretches on the highway generally wears better on your car and it is possible to go longer before getting an oil change.
Moreover, most new cars use synthetic oil, which lasts longer and works much better than regular oil. Though synthetic costs more (up to three times as much) than regular oil, you don’t have to get it changed nearly as often, so the cost can even out. Your Fiat likely uses synthetic oil and it will need to be changed around every 5,000 to 7,000 miles. Your best bet is to pop in to Mount Airy’s Fiat Service Department. After a quick conversation about your driving habits and a look under the hood, our technicians will give you the perfect diagnosis for prime oil changing upkeep.
There is some leeway on which type of battery you can put in your Fiat, but no matter what choice you make, you can always extend a battery’s life. The average battery usually lasts as long as four to six years, but this can change depending on how well you take care of your Fiat. Here are a few things you can do to extend your battery’s lifespan:
- Store Your Vehicle in a Covered Place: Cold weather especially wears down your Fiat’s battery; so if you have a garage or car cover, use it!
- Check the Electrical Connections on Your Battery: The electrical connections on your battery, or where your battery connects to the Fiat, can erode over time. This erosion will eventually eat away at and destroy this connection. Simply take a stiff brush to scrub the connection clean to prevent erosion.
- Regularly Check the Battery’s Levels of Electrolyte: This step is commonly forgotten but can be detrimental to your battery’s lifespan. Electrolyte fluid located inside the battery can become contaminated with dirt and corrosion, which significantly shortens your battery’s lifespan. The easiest way to check your battery’s electrolyte level is to stop in to Mount Airy Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat for a quick examination, cleaning, and fill up, if necessary.
- Regularly Check the Charge of the Battery: If you have noticed your Fiat’s lights dimming or sluggishness when you start the Fiat, then it’s important to check the charge of your battery. While there are kits you can purchase to test the charge of your battery, we’ll save you the time and hassle by having our technicians perform a quick check of your Fiat’s battery when you’re in for an oil change.
Similar to finding the best battery type for the Fiat, there are many brands and styles of wiper blades offered. You know that wiper blades typically have to be replaced every six months to a year, but you may not have considered how to properly care for them. You can make your windshield wipers last twice as long with routine maintenance. Here’s what we suggest:
- Wipe your wiper blades: Each time you fill up with gas, use a paper towel to wipe the rubberized underside of your wipers. This will take away any dirt and grime picked up from the road and make the rubber piece of the blade last much longer.
- Be patient in cold weather: When you find that your wipers have frozen over in the winter, do not use them until all the ice has melted from the underside. Using wiper blades when they are coated in ice can crack the rubber and leave them ineffective.
- Regularly look over your blades: Closely inspect your wipers every six months. This won’t take long, but it’s important to make sure they are clean and suitable for use. If a rock or piece of glass gets wedged underneath, it can leave a permanent scratch on your windshield. Even worse, if you do not realize your wiper blades are defective and try and use them while driving in the rain, you can run into some bigger problems.
Choosing tires for your Fiat can be tricky. Price is definitely a factor, as well as overall quality. Before you go spending top dollar though, it’s best to check with the professionals. We can guide you towards the best tire for how you drive. Once you purchase new tires, you will need to do a few things regularly in order to keep your rides smooth and free from blowouts:
- Rotate your tires every other oil change: By moving the ones in the back to the front and vice versa, you keep the tires from wearing down as easily.
- Inspect your tires: Once a week or so, give your tires a quick inspection to make sure there aren’t any nails or screws embedded. These can often go unnoticed for days and even weeks, all the while slowly releasing air and wearing unevenly on your other tires.
- Check your Fiat’s tire pressure every few weeks: If you notice drastic changes in weather, it is a good idea to go ahead and check your tire pressure as well. The preferred inflation pressure is usually listed on the side of the tire and Fiats come with a Tire Pressure Monitoring Telltale Light that flashes in the instrument cluster when the pressure is off. In either case, our technicians can tell you what’s best as well.
Bringing your vehicle into Mount Airy Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Fiat on a regular basis will keep it running efficiently and save you money in the long run. By letting us take care of your oil changes and tire needs, or just reaching out to our technicians with any of your vehicle maintenance questions, we will equip you with everything you need to keep your Fiat running smoothly. We believe that the effort and care you put into your Fiat (or any vehicle) to make it last, will result in just that—a well-maintained vehicle you will enjoy for years to come.
If you need any more convincing, check out the top 5 reasons to own a Fiat!
CCP Web Design